Introduction to Peerplays
The code for this documentation portal is on GitHub and we would welcome all contributions from the community.
Peerplays is the humanizing crypto platform.
Peerplays is a decentralized, global crypto platform, bringing a new paradigm of fairness, transparency, speed, and security. Built with Graphene technology and Gamified Proof of Stake (GPoS), Peerplays provides the fastest, most decentralized blockchain consensus model available today.
Peerplays is building an ecosystem of decentralized products and apps, offering people a real alternative to untrustworthy and greedy centers of control.
The Peerplays blockchain is a game-changer for people and communities around the world:
- 1.Provably Fair – Every Peerplays software component has been designed to provide a fair experience. And, unlike with traditional platform operators, all Peerplays software is open-source and publicly audit-able. Peerplays sets new standards for provably-fair networking.
- 2.100% Real-Time Transparency – Peerplays publicly broadcasts each transaction as it is executed on the blockchain in real-time. As soon as a transaction is placed, anyone can view the full audit trail of that transaction, marking a step-change in economic standards for transparency.
- 3.Fast, Secure, Anonymous Control – Peerplays integrates with all digital currencies (Bitcoin, ETH, HIVE, etc.) to provide fast, cryptographically-secured deposits and withdrawals, immediate access to funds, and anonymous control over each and every transaction.
- 4.Most Trusted – Peerplays uses GPoS to create a fully decentralized blockchain. This removes third party operators from the equation (traditional firms and exchanges) creating a completely independent platform where 100% trust is built into the core technology. (In the same way, Bitcoin released money from the control of third party financial institutions).
- 5.Most Reliable – Graphene technology gives Peerplays financial markets-grade performance and reliability with years of successful deployment logged via the BitShares blockchain.
- 6.Global – With witness nodes spread across the world, and the capacity to process over 10,000 transactions per second, the Peerplays blockchain scales to deliver a truly global economic platform.
A number of different groups and individuals share jurisdiction over the Peerplays blockchain, which ensures no single entity can gain control over the network. These groups and individuals include Witnesses, Advisors, and PPY token holders. For more information on the governance of the Peerplays blockchain, please visit the Governance section of this website.
The Peerplays blockchain software has been developed by the Peerplays Blockchain Standards Association (PBSA), a non-profit organization based in Canada. For more information on PBSA, please visit pbsa.info.